How do I create a NuGet package?
How do I create a NuGet package?
In this article
- Decide which assemblies to package.
- The role and structure of the .nuspec file.
- Create the .nuspec file.
- Choose a unique package identifier and setting the version number.
- Add a readme and other files.
- Include MSBuild props and targets in a package.
- Run nuget pack to generate the .nupkg file.
- Next Steps.
How do I add a class library in Visual Studio 2015?
Open your Visual Studio 2015 preview, go to the file menu, go to the new, go with the project, from the template field select C#, select Class Library then name it as you want. Save it at an appropriate place.
How do I create a NuGet package for .NET core?
NET Class Library and publish it to nuget.org using the dotnet command-line interface (CLI).
- Prerequisites. Install the .
- Create a class library project. You can use an existing .
- Add package metadata to the project file.
- Run the pack command.
- Publish the package.
- Related video.
- Next steps.
How do I restore NuGet packages in Visual Studio 2015?
Restore packages manually using Visual Studio
- Enable package restore by choosing Tools > Options > NuGet Package Manager. Under Package Restore options, select Allow NuGet to download missing packages.
- In Solution Explorer, right click the solution and select Restore NuGet Packages.
How do I pack a NuGet package?
Create the package
- In command line or PowerShell, navigate to your project directory.
- Run: nuget pack Nuget.Package.Name.nuspec. If all goes well you should now have a generated .nupkg file.
- Open the generated . nupkg file in Nuget Package Manager and see if it looks correct.
How do I run a NuGet package?
NuGet Package Manager
- In Solution Explorer, right-click References and choose Manage NuGet Packages.
- Choose “nuget.org” as the Package source, select the Browse tab, search for Newtonsoft.Json, select that package in the list, and select Install:
- Accept any license prompts.
How do I create a new library in Visual Studio?
To create a static library project in Visual Studio
- On the menu bar, choose File > New > Project to open the Create a New Project dialog.
- At the top of the dialog, set Language to C++, set Platform to Windows, and set Project type to Library.
How do I create a DLL in Visual Studio?
To create a DLL project in Visual Studio 2017 On the menu bar, choose File > New > Project to open the New Project dialog box. In the left pane of the New Project dialog box, select Installed > Visual C++ > Windows Desktop. In the center pane, select Dynamic-Link Library (DLL).
How do I pack a Nuget package?
How do I add a local Nuget package to my net core project?
Create a new ‘package source’ to use. Install the . nupkg file into the package source, using nuget add ……This will make all commands be able to use the package:
- dotnet add package foo (optionally add -v 1.0. 0 )
- dotnet restore.
- dotnet run.
How do I add a NuGet package to Visual Studio 2015?
How do I reinstall NuGet packages?
Switch to the Browse tab, search for the package name, select it, then select Install). For all packages, delete the package folder, then run nuget install . For a single package, delete the package folder and use nuget install to reinstall the same one.
How to deploy your NuGet packages locally?
To deploy nuget packages locally, open Visual Studio. Select Package Manager Settings from Tools > NuGet Package Manager menu . It will display the Visual Studio options dialog. Select the Package Sources item. In the Window, click on + button. Now select the newly added item and modify the name and location, you can provide folder locations here.
How to create a NuGet Server?
In Visual Studio, select File > New > Project, search for “ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework)”, select the matching template for C#.
What is NuGet and what does it do?
NuGet is a package manager for developers. It enables developers to share and consume useful code . A NuGet package is a single ZIP file that bears a .nupack or .nupkg filename extension and contains .NET assemblies and their needed files. NuGet was initially distributed as a Visual Studio extension.
How to debug NuGet packages using sourcelink?
#Create a NuGet package with SourceLink enabled. SourceLink is very simple to enable in your build.