What are the 4 muscle actions?
What are the 4 muscle actions?
Flexion and extension are usually movements forward and backward from the body, such as nodding the head.
- Flexion: decreasing the angle between two bones (bending).
- Extension: increasing the angle between two bones (straightening a bend).
- Abduction: moving away from the body’s midline.
What are the main actions of muscle?
The main functions of the muscular system are as follows:
- Mobility. The muscular system’s main function is to allow movement.
- Stability. Muscle tendons stretch over joints and contribute to joint stability.
What muscles do rats have?
Identify the following muscles:
- Biceps brachii – located on the anterior surface of the humerus.
- Triceps brachii – located on the sides and back of the upper arm.
- Spinotrapezius – located across the dorsal thoracic region of the rat.
- Latissimus dorsi – located posterior (and partially covered) by the spinotrapezius.
What are the three muscle actions?
The three muscle actions are: concentric, eccentric, and isometric. Their names indicate their length.
What are the 5 major movements performed by muscles?
Now, lets look at the 5 types of muscle movements.
- Adduction…is the moving of a body part toward the mid-line of the body.
- Abduction…is moving a body part away from the body.
- Rotation… and last, rotation involves move a body part around an axis.
What are the 7 types of muscle movements?
There are seven basic movements the human body can perform and all other exercises are merely variations of these seven: Pull, Push, Squat, Lunge, Hinge, Rotation and Gait. When performing all of these movements, you will be able to stimulate all of the major muscle groups in your body.
How many muscles do rats have?
Individual muscles of the rat hindlimb The total number of muscles examined was 174 (29 muscles from six rats),comprising 60 hip muscles, 42 knee muscles and 72 ankle muscles.
What is the function of the pectoralis muscles in rats?
Pulls the arm to the chest. Smaller muscle that runs under the Pectoralis Major. Pulls the arm to the chest.
What are the two types of muscle action?
Muscle actions are categorized as concentric, eccentric, or isometric depending on whether the muscle shortens, lengthens, or remains the same.
What are the 6 primary muscle movements?
Flexion and Extension. Flexion and extension are movements that take place within the sagittal plane and involve anterior or posterior movements of the body or limbs.
What are the muscles of the ventral surface of the rat?
The diagram below illustrates the muscles of the ventral surface of the rat. Be able to identify those listed. Use the photographs on the following pages and your lab atlas to assist you. Head and Throat muscles Digastric – this V shaped muscle follows the lower jaw line. It functions to open the mouth.
What is the function of the vibrissae on a rat?
Refer to the drawing below and identify the indicated structure on the rat prior to skinning. Vibrissae- also referred to as the “whiskers”. They have a sensory function that allows the animal to judge the size of an opening that it is about to pass through.
What is the function of liver and gallbladder in rat?
Liver – is the large brown organ taking up most of the anterior portion of the cavity. I consists of four lobes. Its function is to manufacture bile, selectively remove and reintroduce nutrients into the blood, remove toxins, and manufacture needed proteins and carbohydrates. Gall Bladder – the rat does not have a gall bladder.
What are the urogenital structures of a male rat?
Male urogenital structures Penis – is hidden on the male rat beneath a fold of skin (the foreskin or prepuce). Scrotum- is a pouch that contains the testes (see the drawing below) Skinning the rat Make a midventral incision as illustrated on the drawing above.